|In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
There is no other god beside GOD
Welcome to Submission (Islam)
(from: Quran The Final Testament,
by Rashad Khalifa, PhD.)
- After Hijrah (see Hijrah).
- Rebellious people of Erum. Community to which Hûd was sent.
- Religious scholar. Plural is ‘Ulema.
- Al-Hamdu Lillah
- Praise God.
- Allahu Akbar
- God is the greatest.
- Idol of pre-Muhammad Arabia; alleged daughter of God.
- Knoll near Mecca where pilgrims must spend one day of meditation.
- Residents of Medina who supported and hosted the believers who immigrated from Mecca (see Hijra).
- Verse, or sign, or miracle.
- Plural of Ayah.
- Job; God’s messenger.
- Call to prayer.
- Before Hijrah (see Hijrah)
- A place between Mecca and Medina where the first battle between the idol worshipers and the Muslims took place. The Muslims won despite overwhelming odds.
- First Verse of the Quran.
- The ancient practice of assigning numbers to alphabet letters.
- Utterances attributed falsely to the prophet Muhammad.
- Pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Unlawful. Also sacred (Al-Masjid Al-Haraam is the Sacred Mosque of Mecca).
- Immigration of Muhammad and the persecuted believers from Mecca to Medina. Beginning of Calendar.
- Hijrah Calendar
- Lunar calendar starting from the Prophet’s Hijrah. Months are Muharram, Safar, Rabi I, Rabi II, Jumada I, Jumada II, Rajab, Sha’ban, Ramadan, Shawwal, Zul- Qi‘dah, and Zul-Hijjah
- Satan (see Shaytan).
- Leader. One who leads the prayers.
- In Shaa Allah
- God willing.
- Scripture delivered by Jesus. Gospel.
- Arabic word meaning "submission."
- Invisible creatures. Descendants of Satan.
- Friday. Friday Prayer.
- Cubic shaped shrine originally built by Abraham in Mecca. Focal point towards which submitters pray.
- Heathen. Disbeliever.
- Book. Scripture.
- La Elaha Ella Allah.
- No other god besides God. Profession of God’s oneness. First pillar of Submission.
- Laylat Al-Qadr
- Night of destiny.
- Maa Shaa Allah
- This is God's will.
- Idol of ancient Arabia.
- Caller to the Contact Prayers.
- Immigrants from Mecca to Medina in 1 A.H.
- Teacher. Imam.
- Arabic word meaning “Submitter.”
- Message-delivering messenger.
- Hebrew slave driver who enslaved his own people to serve Pharaoh.
- Direction submitters face during the Contact Prayers (Salat).
- One unit of Contact Prayer.
- Messenger (see Nabi).
- Sacred Months
- Months during which Haj pilgrimage may be observed; Zul-Hijjah, Muharram, Safar, & Rabi I.
- Sacred Mosque
- Al-Masjid Al-Haraam of Mecca, where the Ka‘aba is located.
- Greetings. Peace.
- Salamun ‘Alaikum
- Peace be upon you.
- The five daily Contact Prayers.
- Old man. Head of tribe. Imam.
- Satan, devil.
- Idolatry. Associating any name with the name of God. Believing that any creatures possesses any power.
- Subhan Allah
- God be glorified.
- Practices falsely attributed to the prophet Muhammad and used by the idol worshipers as a source of religious guidance.
- Chapter in the Quran.
- The dry ablution (5:6).
- Plural of ‘Aalem. Scholars.
- Part of the Hajj pilgrimage.
- Obligatory charity (2.5% of net).
Masjid Tucson / United Submitters International
|all rights reserved ©